Calling all players interested in Rep Baseball!
We are happy to announce our 2020 Rep tryouts. Please register here and the full tryout schedule can be found here.
A few things to remember:
- Players interested in Rep Baseball must attend tryouts for all teams, offered at their respective age division, until they are offered a spot on a team or told they are not being selected
- Example: Our Minor Mosquito division has both a AA and A team. All players must attend the AA tryouts until cut. Players may only attend the A tryouts if they have participated in the AA tryouts. This rule will be upheld at all age levels. There will be no exceptions
- Rep Baseball is not for everyone, however it can be a very memorable experience for players and families alike.
Some questions you may have:
- Will I have to give up all of my summer weekends?
- Teams typically play in 2-4 weekend tournaments per season plus 1 or 2 playoff tournaments. 1 or 2 of those tournaments may require overnight stays
- Is Rep Baseball expensive?
- Rep team costs average about $1100-$1300, per player. While costs are higher than house league, Rep players will receive off season training and development, play their home games at the Ajax Sportsplex fields and are provided with professional style uniforms. Team sponsorship and fundraising can also reduce costs for families
- Is my child good enough to play Rep Baseball?
- As they say, you never know until you try. Ajax Baseball offers Rep Baseball at all age levels, and most levels include multiple teams, i.e. A/AA
It is an exciting time to be a part of Ajax Baseball. We are hosting the Rep Minor Mosquito Provincial Championship tournament in both 2019 and 2020. We’ve just completed the tryouts for our three 2020 Elite teams, and several of our teams are going to their own Provincial Championships in 2019.
Thank you and we’ll see you at tryouts!
If you have any questions you can contact:
Andy Topolie, Rep Convener at Andy.Topolie@therecroom.com
John Warwick, Convener in Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org